Helical Piers for Indiana Foundation Repair have numerous residential and commercial applications. Manufactured as both round shaft helical piers and square shaft helical anchors, they are used to solve foundation problems and prevent a small problem becoming a major issue.
When might I need a Helical Pier?
Helical Piers from PierTech® Systems have numerous residential and commercial applications. The round shaft is ideal for use in situations where compression is a primary consideration. When foundations are exposed to moisture over a long period of time or construction is cited on unstable soil, structural and foundation damage rears its head. To repair the foundations of your property and ensure the building doesn’t lose value, helical piers are used to stabilise the foundation.
So how does it work?
The helical pier is screwed into the soil until a desirable load capacity has been achieved, and then spaced at intervals pre-calculated to spread the load of the structure. In foundation repair applications, brackets are then attached to the foundation wall bases and weight is transferred to the helical pier.
Helical Piers can also be used to repair foundations when foundation failure becomes apparent
- Windows and doors are sticking, hard to open
- There are large gaps in window and door frames
- Interior plaster walls are cracking
- Multiple nail pops are appearing in ceilings and walls
- Walls are beginning to lean noticeably
- Floors are starting to settle and become uneven
- Chimneys are tilting or leaning
- Cracks can be seen in foundations or basement walls