How Do I Know If I Need Basement Waterproofing
Any of the following items indicate a need for basement waterproofing. The same is true for crawl space waterproofing.
- Visible water
- Water spots on the walls
- Water running down from your window wells
- Water running or dripping down your foundation walls
- Water seeping up through the basement floor or crawl space floor.
Having continuous moisture in your basement or crawl space can lead to mold and fungus on the walls, floors, furniture, windows.
If you have any of the symptoms listed above, contact us as soon as possible for a free inspection of your property.
Call Us Today: 317-663-4563
But never wait and hope this problem goes away. Water and moisture in your basement or crawlspace can cause permanent damage to your home and lower the value of your home.
In addition, continuous water and moisture in your basement can cause health problems.
Indiana Basement Waterproofing System
Pier 12 can design a complete Basement Waterproofing System or crawl space waterproofing system.
We start by assessing your home and property to determine the cause of the moisture and the extent of damage.
Water can get into your home from multiple sources:
- High ground water
- High water table
- Leaky plumbing
- Lawn sprinkler systems
Once we determine the cause of the water entering your home, we will design a system to prevent the moisture from entering your home. Each home requires a unique system, but it usually consists of one or several of the following measures:
- A Foundation Drainage System
- A Sump Pump to collect the water and pump it out of your house
- An encapsulation system, also known as a vapor barrier, that coats your basement or crawl space with a waterproof membrane
- A dehumidifier to control the humidity level in your basement or crawlspace.